When Randy discovered that he had kidney trouble a few years ago I decided to start treating my kidneys a little better in case I needed to give him one of mine. I have been a Pepsi man most of my life so it was not easy. But cutting out all the sugar and caffeine in that little red, white and blue can was a decision that I do not regret. I have lost over 10 pounds and have kept it off.
For any other family members who would like to join our Society of Former Soda Drinkers here are the rules.
No more soda with two exceptions:
It is permissible to have an occasional root beer float or a grape soda float but under no circumstances can you have a Pepsi float.
Also, if you go to a wedding reception and get a glass of what you think is apple juice only to find that it is flat ginger ale (like I did last month) you do not have to reset your quit date.
Just give me the date that you quit and I will add you to our list. We are all on the honor system so report any "lapses" so we can reset your quit date.
Family Society of Former Soda Drinkers
Paul quit September 15, 2006
Christopher quit February 27, 2009
Britney quit March 18, 2009
Cameron quit February 27, 2009
Disneyland Buzz Light Year Ride High Scores
Paul - May 27, 2009 - 1,227,500
Paul - May 16, 2011 - 732,900
Rancho Modrell North. St. George, Aug 2, 2008
July 6, 1973
July 8, 1974
March 1993
December 2004
August 5, 1974 (1st day LAPD, 21 years old)
Feb, 2008 Retirement Picture
Me and the girls at Alison's Baptism, October 7, 2006
The Modrell Boys around 1964
Paul Richard Modrell Aug 9, 1996
The Modrell Boys, May 8, 1997
Me and my cousin, Richard L. Kirts, August 17, 2002
Chattertons Nov 1, 2008
The Cavers, June 2009
Laurie and Tracy, October 7, 2006
The Jones Girls, March 11, 2006, Lola, Beverly, Utanna & Irene
1 comment:
He's not little anymore. Where did the time go?
Post a Comment